Thursday, October 30, 2008

Growing Up.



WARNING: This May Seem Like A Rather Self-Absorbed Post.
So... Enjoy! ;)




I've been missing my childhood years quite a lot recently...

I missed being tiny... I missed being carried by someone.


I missed feeling like the world around me was HUGE and I missed that feeling of being naturally in awe of the simple things in life.


I missed finding challenges in small things and having childlike innocence - yet to gain knowledge of the big grown-up-world.


I missed the simplicity of people and friendships.


And then I thought of the awkward teenage years, and how impatient I was to grow up.


And so I grew up...


And it wouldn't stop! This growing up thing...



I found myself doing so many grown-up things.
Having to be the big grown-up I'd always wanted to be.
Even when it was difficult.

The numbers kept turning, things kept changing.
And I suddenly realized I'm not that little girl wishing to grow up anymore.
It made me feel kinda sad.
Like I had lost something precious.
My childhood perhaps.



But in all that daydreaming... I realized, that not everything changed over time. There's been one thing I've always had with me. And that one thing, I know I will never lose. The eternal unconditional faithfulness and love from an amazingly wonderful Heavenly Father above. He never changes, He never fails, and He'll never leave me.




And then I realized... that means He's taking care of me just like a father does. He's carrying me through difficult times. He's got so many surprises in store for me! The world is still so big! There's is still so much to learn and do for the first time! Whether its the season of high school, college, work, single-hood, marriage, kids.... There's so much I can still be in awe of! I have a big God to be in awe of!




Yup! And the coolest part about growing up is that every living breathing moment of life is a sparkling, glowing, shining, mesmerizingly marvelous opportunity to discover Who my Maker is! It's a privilege to get to know the heart of my Heavenly Father and to discover who He is in me.


And so, I'm not sad about growing up anymore. (I had many superriffic years of childhood anyways. Nothing to complain about) In fact, I'm pretty happy to be where I'm at, and who I am.. regardless of time and space...






...Because I know I'll always still be His little girl. =)



7 comments:

Josh said...

Kristy's got mad double chin skillz. =D

Kristy Tan said...

SARAH you're pics are so nice. Let me rephrase that. YOU look so good in the pics. Really. Just beautiful.

STOOPID josh.

Isaac Ravi said...

hahaha...
I was just thinking..
OMGOSH, LOOK AT KRISTY!!

what that "omgosh" implies..is entirely up to you to decipher though =P

Anonymous said...

lol. Aww...thanks for posting up this 1. i enjoyed it. and i've learnt something new today. =)

Long Bean said...

Nevermind the self-absorbency, i like it.

Kristy Tan said...

I'm ignoring you Isaac. You're supposed to be on MY side no matter what?!!!

Sarah Lim said...

Forrrrr the recorddd... Kristy was a cute kid who has now grown into a beautiful young lady. Haha...

and thank you.

who's "Me"? Glad it did. =)

hehe thanks Pettie. I do too. Random spur of inspiration.