On Sunday Ps. Mark talked about dealing with unbelief. The fact that its not so much of an increase in faith that we have to pray for, but that the remaining unbelief (even the slightest) has to leave as well.
He pointed out that our belief/ unbelief is greatly influenced by two things:
1. Our Experience.
Our past experiences with a "God-answers-the-impossible" encounter or our experience with a "disappointing result even though I prayed" encounter.
2. Our Environment.
The people around us who either build or break us with their words.
The influences we have going on about us daily - where we work, live, the things we choose to surround ourselves with.
I sent in my application form to YWAM, Brisbane last week. The email bounced back twice. I sent it again. Amidst all the activities that are keeping me preoccupied... that application form has been on my mind a lot. A thought suddenly struck me today, WHAT IF (what if la) year 2009 is not YWAM for me? What then? I didn't have a back up plan. I still don't really. Didn't think I'd need a back up plan for God's plan, y'know?
Anyway, back to Sunday. I thought about my experiences and environment. I realized I have NOTHING to complain about. My God-experiences are... God has ALWAYS answered my every prayer since I was young. He has ALWAYS been there for me, ever-faithful, seeing me through the end of every season and creating the next beautiful one. And as for environment? I am SO surrounded by SO many people who are totally supporting and encouraging me in this different step in life (and not just this area but in so many different aspects of my life as well). In fact, not a single person has expressed themselves otherwise. My parents are all for it, my pastors are all for it, my closest friends are all for it.
So really, I don't even have an excuse or reason to have unbelief!
I checked my mail just now. It got bounced back the third time. Tomorrow, I will call them.
I have no reason for unbelief.
He pointed out that our belief/ unbelief is greatly influenced by two things:
1. Our Experience.
Our past experiences with a "God-answers-the-impossible" encounter or our experience with a "disappointing result even though I prayed" encounter.
2. Our Environment.
The people around us who either build or break us with their words.
The influences we have going on about us daily - where we work, live, the things we choose to surround ourselves with.
I sent in my application form to YWAM, Brisbane last week. The email bounced back twice. I sent it again. Amidst all the activities that are keeping me preoccupied... that application form has been on my mind a lot. A thought suddenly struck me today, WHAT IF (what if la) year 2009 is not YWAM for me? What then? I didn't have a back up plan. I still don't really. Didn't think I'd need a back up plan for God's plan, y'know?
Anyway, back to Sunday. I thought about my experiences and environment. I realized I have NOTHING to complain about. My God-experiences are... God has ALWAYS answered my every prayer since I was young. He has ALWAYS been there for me, ever-faithful, seeing me through the end of every season and creating the next beautiful one. And as for environment? I am SO surrounded by SO many people who are totally supporting and encouraging me in this different step in life (and not just this area but in so many different aspects of my life as well). In fact, not a single person has expressed themselves otherwise. My parents are all for it, my pastors are all for it, my closest friends are all for it.
So really, I don't even have an excuse or reason to have unbelief!
I checked my mail just now. It got bounced back the third time. Tomorrow, I will call them.
I have no reason for unbelief.

No comments:
Post a Comment