Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds.

Edward Cullen.
Perfect. Immaculate. Body of steel. Dark. Mysterious. In control. Smooth. Committed. Responsible. Completely trustworthy. Virtuous. Deep. Mystical. Almost magical. Suppressed emotions. Careful. Gentle. Fully committed. Heart-bound. Soul-entwined. Eyes of eternity. Glorious in nature. Swift and steady. Angel of light (sort of).

Jacob Black.
Playful. A personal sunshine. A breath of fresh air. Adventurous. Daring. Impulsive. Loud. Lovable. Laughter. Fun. Warmth. Huggable. Casual. Rough. Ruddy. Expressive. Passionate. Hands-on. Skip-a-beat heart. Unpredictable. Real. Human (sort of).

They're characters from the Twillight book series I have been so indulgent in. Other Twillight cult-members like myself like to ask,"Which character between these two do you like best?" (The girl in the story always has to choose between the two) Although purely fictional, I smile everytime I think of my answer, knowing that it was once not very far from my reality. Coincidentely, another favourite author of mine wrote about two characters almost similar to Edward and Jacob. Their names are Sean and Adam.

It makes me wonder if the world of love and choice is doomed to such a predictable mold. Like some force of nature is trying to tell us that we cannot have the best of both worlds. Humans are inevitably greedy. We want everything. Everything we think is good for us. I am guilty of such. But I have a God who takes are of my every need. He knows the plans and purpose for my life. And He wants all things to work for good in my life. I know that nothing can separate me from His everlasting unconditional love. And I know having that, surpasses even the best thing any world could offer.

I wonder what God wants for me then?

4 comments:

realhumangirl said...

mmm...i'd definitely pick edward. (haha...i haven't even read the book yet.)

that's the thing about a dream guy. he have all characteristics of everything i love and the clincher is that, he's as hopelessly, madly, utterly in love with me as i am with him.

that makes me wonder, you know, what do i have to offer. hehe...

aahh....C_____!!!

Sarah Joy said...

hahahaa... reading makes you write doesn't it? and it makes you sound oh so proper ;)

Anonymous said...

hello gorgeous

Sarah Lim said...

haha yeah i think you will. bella is making me sick already tho. she's the main character in the book. or rather the whole story is seen through her eyes.


oh yes sj! it does. haha... can tell huh.

helloo chrissy!