Sunday, November 2, 2008

You know,


Life is interesting. One day you're a kid worrying about whether the popular girls in your class think you're pretty enough to share secrets with or not, and in the next... you're faced with all sortsa complicated abstract seemingly non-conclusional problems in varying situations. Yes, what a lot of big words.

A good friend and I were having a chat over a late lunch the other day (late because we're both bums who wake up in time to feel hungry at 3pm. Heh) and we were talking about how it seems there are two ways people have friendships.

1. Those who have friendships with people who aren't close enough for heart-to-heart talks, but yet they're happy spending a big deal of their time with them even though their conversations never really go below the surface. And the thing I've observed is, these people eventually sort of (finally) make it to a certain level of trust between one another - like after a whole long deal of hoo-haa-ha-ha-wishy-washy-la-la-life-is-fun. But boy does it take a whole lot of time before it gets there.

2. Then there are those who seem very focused on the kind of people they'd want to trust in from the beginning. Almost immediately upon finding each other and their common values, beliefs, and passions in life - an immensely strong bond of brotherly/ sisterly friendship begins to weave itself very quickly together. The trust is there right from the start (well, most of it) and every conversation although lighthearted in its own playful way, it is always life-giving, nurturing, and strengthening on both parts. Wholesomely and fully enjoyable altogether - usually without the need of any sort of materialistic entertaining factors to assist.


The difference in time management.


I've learned, and am still learning that these two "worlds of people" inevitably coexist amongst one another. One cannot do without the other, and vice versa. And yet, every clash of these differences just kinda... rocks the boat - for both parties of course... to be fair. I guess.

(I'm TRYING not to be bias here. I get credit for that at least!)

So anyway, when the boat rocks, how do you live with each other? How do you handle your complicated abstract seemingly non-conclusional problems in varying situations of such friendships? I mean, especially since we've established that there simply exists two such kinds of people/ friendships and so there's no going back to question "Why can't you just be like me?" and so on. We've got to accept that part at least. So how do we deal with the um... effect it causes?




I don't know how to deal with such a clash of "friendship-styles". I don't know how to keep the see-saw at an equal level. I feel stuck everytime I'm faced with yet another one. And another. And another. It's like every bitsy being of who I am is just simply incapable of conforming to the other, no matter how hard I try. We are who we are.


Sigh... and yet in all this muddle of thoughts and principles of life, I hear a Still Small Voice saying, "Love. Just love one another as I have loved you."

Love is so illogical really.

Which ironically, totally makes sense because that's how God is. He's exceedingly abundantly above and beyond what our minds can even begin to think or imagine. He ain't logical to our humanly small understanding of logic. He's not confined to that box, no.


So... okay God, help me love others just like You do then. That's the only thing I know how to do in my "what-a-lot-of-big-words" situations at least. To ask You that. Coz humanly speaking? I just can't work it out myself.

No comments: