GOD IS SO WONDERFUL and GREAT and AWESOME and WOW!!!!!
You know its just crazy how I'd be thinking about something and half mentally-conversing with God about it, and all these Bible verses suddenly start popping up at the very appropriate times and then I'm all like Wow God! (while grinning like an idiot on a dazed happy-high to myself) and I continue on to the next thought and ANOTHER verse pops up and I'm thinking... where is all this coming from??? Coz I know I was never the kid in Sunday School who memorized verses to get stickers. Really wan.
I prayed, "God I place my friendships in Your hands. You give and You take away, have Your way."
He said, "...And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
I prayed, "God its not easy choosing to live for You. I often worry I may look like those insane Christians who just seem to have no real plans in life in the name of "See la how.. God's will". But I believe You will never leave me hanging. You will never shortchange me of my blessings. You love me too much to allow anything like that to happen."
He said, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
I prayed, "God how long more do I have to wait? Is my faith doing ANYTHING at all? Are You there???"
He said, "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised isfaithful." (Hebrews 10:23)
I prayed, "God, I want my sleep. I want peace. Things are so unknown right now and seemingly in a mess. Please please please give me that peace that passes ALL understanding, because I truly don't understand what it is You're up to in my life right now, but I know I can trust You and I know You have my best interests at heart."
He said,"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." ( John 15:7)
And He kept every one of these promises! I mean, its a constant thing of course... such conversations that transpire between my God and I. But I know He keeps His promises daily, at every moment. Like He did again just today. =)
His mercies are truly new every morning and GREAT, so GREAT... is His faithfulness!
Most people prefer waiting till the tough seasons are over and the answer has come before testifying of God's greatness. And its true, sharing the struggles you face currently is risky and can be embarrassing. But I like Job - The guy in the Bible who lost everything and felt all those feelings of confusion yet expressed absolute reverence to God in spite of all his sorrows. Haha... I'm FAR from that of course. I have no such sorrows. But I have my challenging situations, and every challenging situation is an opportunity to glorify Him.
Besides, He made me an expressive person for a reason. I can't help it! Haha.. so there. =)
You know its just crazy how I'd be thinking about something and half mentally-conversing with God about it, and all these Bible verses suddenly start popping up at the very appropriate times and then I'm all like Wow God! (while grinning like an idiot on a dazed happy-high to myself) and I continue on to the next thought and ANOTHER verse pops up and I'm thinking... where is all this coming from??? Coz I know I was never the kid in Sunday School who memorized verses to get stickers. Really wan.
I prayed, "God I place my friendships in Your hands. You give and You take away, have Your way."
He said, "...And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
I prayed, "God its not easy choosing to live for You. I often worry I may look like those insane Christians who just seem to have no real plans in life in the name of "See la how.. God's will". But I believe You will never leave me hanging. You will never shortchange me of my blessings. You love me too much to allow anything like that to happen."
He said, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
I prayed, "God how long more do I have to wait? Is my faith doing ANYTHING at all? Are You there???"
He said, "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised isfaithful." (Hebrews 10:23)
I prayed, "God, I want my sleep. I want peace. Things are so unknown right now and seemingly in a mess. Please please please give me that peace that passes ALL understanding, because I truly don't understand what it is You're up to in my life right now, but I know I can trust You and I know You have my best interests at heart."
He said,"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." ( John 15:7)
And He kept every one of these promises! I mean, its a constant thing of course... such conversations that transpire between my God and I. But I know He keeps His promises daily, at every moment. Like He did again just today. =)
His mercies are truly new every morning and GREAT, so GREAT... is His faithfulness!
Most people prefer waiting till the tough seasons are over and the answer has come before testifying of God's greatness. And its true, sharing the struggles you face currently is risky and can be embarrassing. But I like Job - The guy in the Bible who lost everything and felt all those feelings of confusion yet expressed absolute reverence to God in spite of all his sorrows. Haha... I'm FAR from that of course. I have no such sorrows. But I have my challenging situations, and every challenging situation is an opportunity to glorify Him.
Besides, He made me an expressive person for a reason. I can't help it! Haha.. so there. =)
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth,
where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust destroys
and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19 - 21
where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust destroys
and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19 - 21

No comments:
Post a Comment