"Your dream has to be bigger than you so that God can get involved"
- Matthew Dass on Gchat.
Today, I am thankful for a lot of things.
1. Kids Church was one of the most productive I've ever been part of. It's probably the first time I've seen Carol and the twins SO interested in our bible study and have so much to share. It's also probably the first time I've ever had real TIME to talk to them and find out that's why. We prayed before church started. Melly, Joshie, Zoe, Rae, and I. And I know God heard every word. =)
2. One of my closest girlfriends just got officially attached!!! (I dare not mention names yet. Give her the chance to tell the world herself first. =) I've had the honor of walking through this journey with her and this really marks God's immense faithfulness and love. All the waiting, praying, heart-guarding... it was SO worth it and I am SO thrilled to see what God does through their relationship for His glory. Oh how I just LOVE God-written love stories!
3. God-written love stories. =) Although I don't know the future, I know He began to write mine even before I was aware. And the peace and assurance I have now, is truly because of Him. I know He's preparing me for when that day comes... and I know He's preparing him too. Meanwhile, there is SO much I have to offer to the world around me before having any such commitments. I'm that friend, that sister, that daughter, that teacher... and when the time is right, I'll be all that as well as being ... that wife. (The Proverbs 12:4a kind =)
4. Last year, although fearful as ever, I took a step of faith and began verbally claiming my $5500 to fulfill my YWAM dream. Well, God gave me MORE than that and MORE than that dream. Instead,
- I went for the coolest Cross-Cultural Missions School and spent three life-changing months with the most awesome people ever!
- I got involved with a new and rising youth prayer movement that's leading up to a phenomenal National Youth Missions Conference that will birth a fantastic-beyond-my-wildest-dreams Malaysian Youth Missions Movement!
- I got to go for an AMAZING totally God-filled-three-week holiday in Melbourne and encountered His glory first hand before, during, and even after the Planet Shakers Conference!
- In a few days time, I will get to go for the COOLEST National Royal Rangers event of the past FIVE years and CCKL's very FIRST youth camp!
- In less than two months time, I will be making history by flying off to Melbourne to do my 2.5 year degree! Something which I never thought would happen.
5. And this year, although the state of the world may seem otherwise, I am taking another NEW step of faith and claiming that during my life in Melbourne, I WILL get a GREAT job, I WILL make WONDERFUL friends, I WILL serve my church and community with excellence, I WILL score distinctions in my studies, and I WILL live beyond my biggest dreams because of who my God is.
Yes, today I have a lot to be thankful for.
And tomorrow will be another day with more.

No comments:
Post a Comment