With both siblings and the parents away for a week, I thought it'd be party time for me back at our humble home. But my brother was right. And I miss them.
Anyhoos, with the exception of The Great Ah Mah's return (a.k.a. Miss See Tho Chi Yenn!), an almost-daily dose of Darren, and a one-day road trip that led to the discovery of my real life Magical Kingdom followed by lotsa clickety-clicks with my beloved D80... the days have been long and tiring due to 9am - 6pm TESOL classes over this weekend...
Its been a good one YEAR since I last sat in a lecture, had textbooks laid out before me, and a whole load of notes to write. I was feeling slightly nervous before Friday but didn't really have time to give much thought to it. However, as taxing as the hours are on my sleepy eye lids and fuzzy brain...
The TESOL course is AMAZING!
I seriously don't remember the last time I enjoyed learning this much!
(Btw, TESOL = Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.)
It's so exciting to learn and discover new methods of enriching another person's life through education. The more I participate in everything this course offers daily, the more I'm convicted that our Malaysian government school teachers have got it ALL wrong. They shouldn't even BE teachers to begin with. (there are exceptions of course) But enough about the obvious, and back to me. I realize more than ever that there really is no other better reason to exist than to have the opportunity of a lifetime to influence the next generation.
Honestly, I never once imagined I'd be a teacher as a professional occupation. And I do realize that especially as of this year, I've drifted so far from the original die-hard ideals I had about my lifetime career (with no regrets "miracally", as Sha puts it. haha ok fine. Miraculously. But now miracally sounds cuter). But as I sat there on the first day and even today, in that classroom of passionate teachers who want to better themselves for the sake of others... I felt belonged.
Where this will take me, I cannot say for sure. All I do know is that God is working at some big hugemongous plan for my life and He's a-fixing and a-molding at my heart at every breathing moment of mine. 2009 is so unpredictable, even more than 2008 has been. And honestly, I am SO excited for what's to come!
Anyhoos, with the exception of The Great Ah Mah's return (a.k.a. Miss See Tho Chi Yenn!), an almost-daily dose of Darren, and a one-day road trip that led to the discovery of my real life Magical Kingdom followed by lotsa clickety-clicks with my beloved D80... the days have been long and tiring due to 9am - 6pm TESOL classes over this weekend...
Its been a good one YEAR since I last sat in a lecture, had textbooks laid out before me, and a whole load of notes to write. I was feeling slightly nervous before Friday but didn't really have time to give much thought to it. However, as taxing as the hours are on my sleepy eye lids and fuzzy brain...
The TESOL course is AMAZING!
I seriously don't remember the last time I enjoyed learning this much!
(Btw, TESOL = Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.)
It's so exciting to learn and discover new methods of enriching another person's life through education. The more I participate in everything this course offers daily, the more I'm convicted that our Malaysian government school teachers have got it ALL wrong. They shouldn't even BE teachers to begin with. (there are exceptions of course) But enough about the obvious, and back to me. I realize more than ever that there really is no other better reason to exist than to have the opportunity of a lifetime to influence the next generation.
Honestly, I never once imagined I'd be a teacher as a professional occupation. And I do realize that especially as of this year, I've drifted so far from the original die-hard ideals I had about my lifetime career (with no regrets "miracally", as Sha puts it. haha ok fine. Miraculously. But now miracally sounds cuter). But as I sat there on the first day and even today, in that classroom of passionate teachers who want to better themselves for the sake of others... I felt belonged.
Where this will take me, I cannot say for sure. All I do know is that God is working at some big hugemongous plan for my life and He's a-fixing and a-molding at my heart at every breathing moment of mine. 2009 is so unpredictable, even more than 2008 has been. And honestly, I am SO excited for what's to come!
Speaking of which....
FIVE MORE DAYS BABYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're comin hooooooooooooooooooooooooooommeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're comin hooooooooooooooooooooooooooommeee!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:
4 more days babey.
Post a Comment