Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I got my Nikon Babyyyy!!!!!




So it happened on a very ordinary afternoon while I was screaming at Zoe to help with the housework. My dad walks in with a plastic bag in one hand, and closes his ear with his other. Then he turns to me with that "Well, I've got a surprise for you" look on his face (which I always interpret as "I've got good news but I'm reluctant to tell you coz I'm not sure if you deserve it") and holds up the plastic bag saying, "Girl, I'm sorry I won't be around for your 21st, but I got this for you today".

Half embarrassed by my dad's calm response to all that mad shouting earlier, I quietly peeked in and for a split second, all I saw was a brown box and for some stupid reason I thought, "A blender? Why would dad get me a blender? Okay nevermind just say thank you" then I looked closer and ....

I SAW THE "D80" LOGO ON THE CORNER OF THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't stop screaminglaughingsmilinggrinningjumpingupanddown after that. It was a pretty ridiculous sight to behold. And then I smsed the whole world to share my joy. Haha. It's been 11 hours since then, and I still can't believe it! It's a dream come true la seriously. I now finally own my very own DSLR. Oh gosh. So surreal. So so surreal.

Dad: You know, you'd better take care of this. I've never owned anything so expensive in my life!

Me: Me neither!

Haha. My daddy is the BEST! (Actually I just realized, he owns a car and a van and a house and a laptop and all sorts. What is he talking about!?!?!)

God really spoils me la. and I love Him for that! Haha. He is SO SO Good! I cannot WAIT to start snapping away! I shall now be able to transform all my picture ideas into tangible forms. Woohoo!

*does a little jig*


*Kris and Jean, I suppose we'll have to find another excuse to wash cars now. Hehe. Thanks babes. I love you both for that. ;)

6 comments:

adelinth said...

I'm SO happy for you! Now I can't wait to see you fill this place with manymany beautiful pictures!

Can you see a photo excursion coming up? ^^

Sarah Lim said...

*grin* I can! I really can! Was just thinking the same as I crossed your blog awhile ago. ;) See you soon then!!! *excited giler*

Sarah Joy said...

:) Im soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! Congratulations.... Dreams DO come true!! :D :D
and like adeline said, cant wait to see this place filled with photos.
oOh and finally there are ppl with decent cameras to take gorgeous photos at church *griin* xx

Sarah Lim said...

aiyo. thanks so much sj! i really didn't expect so many people to respond that way. aaaahhh.. but i am so very happy. and its so nice to share my joy with ppl who're equally excited. u guys know what this means to me la hor. ;)

*hugssss* now all i need to do is get that lens to work. i can't wait!!!!!!!

Sarah Joy said...

of course we'll be happy for you... it benefits us also wat.. hehe... no la.. but the main thing is, if you are happy we all are happy :D love u sarah lim!!!! excited you are turning 21!!! so old! ;)

suling said...

AHHHH sarahh! Good for you! Your excitement is so tangible. I join the ranks of those happy for you too! =) Have an awesome birthday! *hugs*