Tuesday, September 9, 2008

From the pages of my journal...


Forgiveness,

is a beautiful thing. It takes away the burdens of strife, anger, resentment, and hurt. It forges new levels of friendships. It enables love. Or maybe love enables forgiveness. I've come to a point where, when I think of God who IS Love and of how much He just loves and loves and looooooooves us unconditionally, eternally, and abundantly; I cannot help but want to love others just the same. I am undeserving of His love and yet He loves me so much still. Who am I to decide how deserving someone else is of my forgiveness? He gave me a second chance- at life, with friendships, at work, failures and challenges... at everything. People deserve my second chance just the same. In fact, I don't even think its my call to actually give-a-chance. I don't have that authority, it's already there - created by our loving Father. It's just a matter of whether I learn to recognize that I suppose. And I believe I finally have. I'm so glad. Really I am.

A changing heart,
is what God is doing in me more than ever this year. This significant year of stepping into the next sequel/ set of chapters of my life. Only because I finally allowed Him to do so. Only because He loved me enough to shake me up real good so I'd realize that I need to say that "Do whatever You will" prayer - fully knowing the consequences of such powerful words. And because of that, this year has been one of the toughest, most humbling, heart-breaking, soul-searching, life-changing years of my life! I cannot thank Him enough for it. It has been a truly amazing journey. I am more than blessed. I am so loved by my Creator. I am getting to know Him so much deeper and closer. I find myself falling helplessly in love with my Saviour. God is good la. He is just SO good!


Switchfoot sings,

"I've got my memories, always inside of me
But I can't go back, back to how it was
I believe now, I've come too far
No I can't go back, back to how it was

Created for a place I've never known...

This is home,
Now I'm finally where I belong,
Where I belong
Yeah this is hom,
I've been searching for a place of my own
Now I'm found
Baby this is home...
Yeah this is home..."


And I couldn't agree more. I've never felt this alive!

"I've come too far...
No I won't go back...
Yeah this is home."

I love you Lord. You're all that matters. Here's to celebrating Twenty-One years of Your goodness, faithfulness, and mercy ... in my life. You're my world!



love,
Sarah

2 comments:

Joanna Faith said...

hey
i know this is late but hope u had a great 21st bday!

blessings :)

Sarah Joy said...

:) i love this post.