Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Because its Bali.

That much-awaited Monday finally dawned. I hadn't slept a wink the night before. I had waited a good FIVE (ok la four) months for this trip since Yin Har first called to make plans in March. And so.... my story begins.


Boring must-have departure airport picture.



We're boarding the plane!!! Off to Bali babyyyy!!!



In the plane...


Sam, Jane, and Julian had no problem entertaining themselves with themselves.



Adeline tried hard to sit still as she too was EXTREMELY excited about this trip. Haha.

See. Told you she was excited. *grin*


But then again, so were we!
Jane: ok happy face picture!
*all three mouths open wide at once coincidently*



We got there at night, so there wasn't much to do after dinner except climb trees. Which is never too bad either when you're with great company.


I personally couldn't wait to go surfing the next day! Btw, this is probably the first and only time I've seen a surfing Ronald McDonald. Only at Bali! =)

We stayed at Masa Inn, Kuta. just a short walk from the beach itself. A pretty nice place for RM 50 per head a night. I found it to be rather mystical too.

There were nooks , crannys and walkways; each bearing its own unique Balinese exterior design.

Two swimming pools.

And I think this was probably the entrance of the grand honeymoon suite. Wonder why Pet is sitting there specifically, hands together in prayer with a hopeful cheeky look on her face. Hahaha.

Oh we got breakfast thrown in each morning as well! Usually omelet and pure and thick fruit juice to start the day.

And so after our sleepyhead meal...

and a nice group photo (excluding the boys)...

Off we go!


I found this PERFECT dress in one of the boutiques, but couldn't bear parting with my rupiah so early in the trip. Now... VERY REGRET!!!!


We just walked around for a bit. Familiarized ourselves with the shops around Kuta.

My "Discovery Travel and Living Channel" photo. =) Picture perfect lah!



Then finally... it was time to SURF!!!
So happeeeee!!

Check out the waves mannn...
Ok la. Not a good photo. But they were freaking huge waves ok! and super cold!

Free to Fall's future gig location. Not hard to picture happening in reality. Soon girls.. =)


Ok la.. I'll admit. I totally sucked at surfing. But it WAS heaps fun just trying. I got to stand up at least twice on the first day. Hehe. Sam and Julian were really good at it though. They even held hands while riding the same wave! Pictures of that are with Sam.


The sunsets are beautiful in Bali. We got our massages on the beach same time. I had an "Ahhh... THIS is the life!" moment right then.

We went white water rafting the next day. It was about an hour's drive away from Kuta in the depths of some village. Halfway our van had to stop because this particular village was blocking the street and making a whole lotta noise and racket. We got down to kepoh and found that it was a traditional cremation ceremony that happened once every five years.


Apparently this ceremony involves diging up the bones of their ancestors, cremating them, and then using the ashes to make statues - the same statues that tourists purchase at shops. Is that freaky or what?!

Moving on...
Rafting was okay only la. Not thrilling enough though. It never is anyway.


Later that night...
We found donkey's! Quite sad la actually. Look at that poor fellar all buckled and strapped up.


This restaurant called Warung Indonesia seemed to be the usual dinner place for us. Affordable and nice! Jane Chong couldn't get enough of it. lol.


And of course... what's a Bali escapade without the danciiiiinngggg!!!

Julian, you surprised me. haha. It was fun.


Our last day was spent seriously shopping in the morning. We hopped on bikes to get around town.

They've got these prayer thingies everywhere in Bali. Usually at the entrance of every shop, and beside a cashier machine. It's replaced every morning with a fresh one. I half wish I had more time to learn about the culture there actually.

spotted chindians.







Sunnies were available everywhere!!!

and so were these cute little guitars.



The 2002 bombing memorial on Legian Street. Quite saddening to read every name on the list. I wondered who these people were and how they were feeling about life in general moment before the unexpected happened.

I didn't shop much. hardly actually. Spent most of my time getting more tattoos and chatting with the shop keepers. Bali is amazing. You don't feel like you're going to be pounced on and robbed and raped every moment on the streets - because it doesn't happen! I can wear whatever I please (or NOT wear) and no dark-skinned horny pariah guy will kacau and whistle at me like how it happens back here in Malaysia. I love the carefree feeling in the air!

Some of us went surfing again after that. While the rest stayed on the beach and checked out blonde topless hotties. (haha.. both male and female got also)

Ker Shin is SHO CUUUUUTE!!!! *pinch pinch*


Ade damn gaya.

*melt*

Then at night... out come the biker chicks!
Adeline and Jane Sebastian.

Jane Chong and Pettie Pet Pet.


Me and my Mat Rempit friend.

We spent the rest of our last night chilling at the beach, enjoying the cool fresh air..

Stargazing..

And trying to be superman.



We left at 7am on Friday morning.


I think everyone had sad mixed feelings. The trip flew by really fast.


But I plan to go back there again sometime... =)


Thanks Yin Har for making this happen. Till the next trip!

Krabi here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Samuel Oh said...

we didn't hold hands! we held arms!! ARMSSSSSS!!!!! and the difference is more than just its spellings okay!!! haha

Sarah Lim said...

ahahha it doesn't matter la. we understand. you shouldn't be afraid to express yourself sam. think of how juli boy will feel. ekekkke..