"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.
It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames."
I think I've been very driven by OneEighty's new attitude of taking ACTION with what God has placed in our hands. So driven to the point that it doesn't just affect my role of example in OneEighty but also in every other ministry I'm a part of.
I did wonder once, if I was more of a thinker or more of a doer. My mom often brings up the fact that since I was little, I never tried something new unless I was 85% sure of its success. So much for being the kid who steps out in faith. Every time I think of those words, it causes me to doubt who I really am or can be. But I feel that has changed quite a bit these days. And so maybe I'm not so much of a thinker then, I've moved on to becoming more of a doer.
Kris and Jean just gave me the loveliest belated 21st birthday present ever! They wrote me our own story! And in it, I was described as a total "Do-er". How odd that I never saw that for myself before.
Anyway, this do-er thing can get outta hand sometimes. And 1 Corinthians 3: 11-15 couldn't be a more timely, point-blank reminder for me today. Heck, I didn't even know it existed in the bible! But its the truth, no foundation can be laid other than what God has already laid because all things do start from Him, and if I were to try and build upon it with my own ambitions, might, and resources... it'll show for just that - dust, the traces of what is man-made.
So help me God, to practice faithfulness beginning within me and consistently. Its the consistent prayer lifestyle that counts, and the little things we do when we interact with others around us. I choose not to be dissapointed by what is seen with the human eye, but instead, to allow God to reveal His glory in due time.
It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames."
I think I've been very driven by OneEighty's new attitude of taking ACTION with what God has placed in our hands. So driven to the point that it doesn't just affect my role of example in OneEighty but also in every other ministry I'm a part of.
I did wonder once, if I was more of a thinker or more of a doer. My mom often brings up the fact that since I was little, I never tried something new unless I was 85% sure of its success. So much for being the kid who steps out in faith. Every time I think of those words, it causes me to doubt who I really am or can be. But I feel that has changed quite a bit these days. And so maybe I'm not so much of a thinker then, I've moved on to becoming more of a doer.
Kris and Jean just gave me the loveliest belated 21st birthday present ever! They wrote me our own story! And in it, I was described as a total "Do-er". How odd that I never saw that for myself before.
Anyway, this do-er thing can get outta hand sometimes. And 1 Corinthians 3: 11-15 couldn't be a more timely, point-blank reminder for me today. Heck, I didn't even know it existed in the bible! But its the truth, no foundation can be laid other than what God has already laid because all things do start from Him, and if I were to try and build upon it with my own ambitions, might, and resources... it'll show for just that - dust, the traces of what is man-made.
So help me God, to practice faithfulness beginning within me and consistently. Its the consistent prayer lifestyle that counts, and the little things we do when we interact with others around us. I choose not to be dissapointed by what is seen with the human eye, but instead, to allow God to reveal His glory in due time.

No comments:
Post a Comment