That's me! and shucks. I forgot to bring out my card reader with me so I can't upload pics from the camera. Nvm, tmr. Starbucks is scarce here! I'm sitting at Pac Mall's food court coz McD's wifi is free and hassle free!
Its my second day here so far. Tried sleeping in this morning but everyone was up and about so no point. Didn't get to sleep on the flight here two nights ago coz its just uncomfortable and I hate my backaches. Met a really nice father and son pair on the plane too. Its funny coz I remember as a kid travelling around alone, the one thing I'd always worry about is who I'm gonna end up sitting next to on the bus/ train/ etc. This time I didn't even think of it till I actually found my seat! Thank God for them though, coz its my first time flying alone so at least the experience was great. I knew he was an auditor the minute we started talking. Hahahaha. (no offense)
The min I touched down I knew I was definitely in Aussie coz the baggage attendants at the checkpoint were so nice! People here look you straight in the eye and say, "Hey how're you doing? Thanks, have a great day!" You actually feel like a PERSON the way they treat you. Not like Msia. Oh no! Its getting so easy to be comfortable here and compare with back home already. Haha. What more 2-3 years when I really come here to study I wonder. (shush Josh!)
Tiffy's got a lovely new house with a wooden front deck facing the pool. We had steak for dinner last night with bread and cheese! Reminded me of mom and her bread and cheese craze when she came back from Germany last yr. I knocked out soon after due to shopping all day as well. The malls here are fantastic. The people here are gorgeous! Its so weird to see hotties working at the most normal of jobs... road sweepers, coffee vendors, runway attendants, younameit. And they're all fair-skinned and smiley! Usually in Msia its all the dark-skinned people having jobs like these. *shrug* Just an observation.
The first proper conversation I had when I got here was a playful argument between Tiff and I. She ah... first time see me already I kena scolding for enrolling at Swinburne Uni in Melbourne. Ever since then she's been sales pitching for Brissy lah. (People I meet here seem to have MY whole life planned out for me. Studies, husband, job. Its hillarious.) But I can see why as well, life is lovely here. Very laid back and easy. I reckon the most I'd spend on if I lived here would be groceries and maybe clothes coz the grocery shops are marvelous! I could cook SO much here! Otherwise entertainment comes by chilling at the beach (Mark's gonna take me surfing one of these days), barbecues' with friends, strolls in the park, hiking near the waterfalls, etc. Most of which I'm gonna be doing for the next few days. God forbid I step into another clothes shop and waste my holiday away like I did the last time. How apt that I just watched Confessions of a Shopaholic not too long ago. I feel like one already at the rate I've been going. *note to self: NO SHOPPING WHEN I GET TO MELBOURNE NEXT WEEK!
We had homemade sandwiches on the beach this morning since Mark was on lifeguard duty. I'm still wearing my swimmers underneath actually. Haha. That's another thing I love about this place. You can wear WHATEVER you like, and no one would look at you twice (disdainfully). Cept those who pass me by are prolly wondering whatsup with this asian chick - all bundled up in a sweater and skinnies in such lovely weather. Haha. Whaaaat... The breeze gets chilly! My tolerance to cold weather is bad. I think I'm gonna freeze in Melb actually. Which reminds me, should I get that lovely cream trench-like coat at Target? Its $75! Where to find that kinda thing back in KL? Arrrrgh. Still deciding...
Zoe, I've got no wireless at Tiffy's so it'll be rare that I come on Skype. Ask mom/dad to read my blog if she wants updates. Heh. I miss you family! Wish you guys were here as well. Its an awfully nice place to have a holiday. =) I'm passing on trips to DreamWorld, sky-diving, and bungee jumping though. Should have come here when I was younger if I was to do all that.
And you two better email me your shopping list before I use up all my cash on myself. Heehee. (Nah, just kidding mom)
Ok lah. I wanna catch the sunset at a park nearby and bury my nose in a book too perhaps. Its great coz I get the car while Tiff's at work. She's been incredibly nice to me. I feel I almost don't deserve it. (Thank you Lord for all these blessings) Shall make the next post a picture one. Off to go exploring now =)
Can't wait for conference!!! I miss church. =(

1 comment:
SAVE SOME CASH FOR MELB!! Like REALLY!!
Post a Comment