Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 1 & 2

Staying at Tiffy's was real nice because I got to be a part of their family for awhile. Life is simple here, esp for me since I'm on holiday! Since all the shops close by 5pm, Queenslanders usually go home to spend the rest of the night with their families (instead of mamaking or clubbing all night like Msians do).

I can safely say that almost every house here has a BBQ grill set that whips up a yummy savory dinner like this one in minutes!

Mmmm... Steak! 
Btw, that's Tiffy right there in blue, her dad beside her, Mark her partner on the other side, and her daughter little Arianna next to him. Lovely family really. 


This was the cheese and bread I mentioned in the last blogpost. Yum!



Check out their pool! Mark's pride and joy. Hehe. It takes up all of the front yard. 

We headed for a picnic lunch on the beach the next morning like how Tiffy usually does on a Sunday morning if Mark's on Surf Lifesaving duty. 
Strawberries here are SO friggin cheap and HUGE and JUICY!!! 


Ari is amazing. She's totally lovable and super energetic! Always running about, can't sit still, full of questions about life and her own theories about the world. Its hillarious. And she just  LOOOOOVES posing for the camera. Hahhaa...


Later while Tiff was at work, I headed to Pacific Fair nearby by myself. This is how shops around here look like. Not everything is packed in one huge mall. They're just the same mall-type of shops but aligned nicely along outdoor cobbled streets like this. So you get the fresh air and healthy sunshine while you shop. =) I love it. 


Oh and you know what? I had my FIRST Krispy Kreme. Seriously guys, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL???? After hearing SO much about it, I bought myself one and bit into it slowly... really expecting something magical to take place in my mouth. But nope. Nothing. Its just an ordinary doughnut. 
Maybe coz I don't fancy doughnuts. 


I bought boots! Shopping here is so amazing because you can sometimes get really good cheap deals, a wide and wonderful variety, and most importantly.... EVERYTHING's MY SIZE!!!! Woohooo!!! I could SO live here. 

The kitchen was mine that night since Tiff was working till late. I cooked a yummy stir-fry chinese meal! I love cooking at home for people la. I love the whole homey feel. I can't wait to have my own family and organize and keep a home and feed kids good food and just... oh.. the whole works! Haha. Yum!

No comments: