Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Letter

*This short piece was inspired by someone I know. I realized I've never come across such a letter-based-article like the one that was beginning to form in my mind. So here it is, the first of such that I've read, and written.


Dear you,

It is an honour to finally meet you. In any normal circumstance, the moment of our acquaintance would have been a rather intimidating one on my part, and just plain awkward overall. But strangers as we are to one another, we share an inevitable common bond. He who was to me, and is to you now.

In the brief moments of our polite conversation, I could see why he loves you. That realization was followed by a rush of feeling that welled up silently inside me. Pure happiness. For the both of you.

Friends we once were, him and I. Sometimes too close for comfort, but never enough for commitment. He was amazing, but I knew there could be no future for us. I could never love him the same, and he deserved better. So much better.

You.

I'm happy he found you. Or that you found him. I know you'll love him like I never could. You'll love him just as much in return, like he deserves.

Contrary to any usual circumstance, meeting you was neither intimidating nor awkward. You had confidence set deep in those soft dark eyes of yours, a warm and genuine smile worn proudly on your face, and a most lovable down to earth nature about you. You're amazing... and you deserve the best.

Him.

I have long awaited and hoped this day to come. And now, I am glad it has.


With love,

Me.

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

sarah. who's the girl and the Him?

curious curious.